It is highly recommended that an inspection is carried out by a competent person, they should have a good working knowledge of the types of defects or deterioration that could be present. Be extremely vigilant for the following damage which could be present during your inspection...
- Bent or twisted framework & bracings
- Damage to the braking system
- Damage to treads & platform area
- Paintwork missing or rust developing
- Missing or damage to wheels & castors
- Damage or missing platform exits
- Missing or damaged labels, especially the 'Safety Notice' label (this contains vital information on SWL limits)
Should you find any faults during this inspection, we highly recommend that you remove the unit from operation immediately and quarantine until the fault has been rectified.
Download our inspection checklist to help you complete your inspection, we have listed all areas which MUST be assessed and have advised the appropriate course of action!